Monday, April 25, 2022

Welcome Baby #3!

The last 6 weeks of my pregnancy were so uncomfortable! Baby sis was headdown on my blatter from 32 weeks on. Everytime I went to my doctor, he couldn't below how low she was. My poor blatter! I couldn't sleep, I couldn't pee, I couldn't bend over - they were a very long 6 weeks.

Lucky for me, I finally was induced at 39 weeks, February 27, 2022.

My mom came up Saturday to be with Sof and Claire while we went in bright and early Sunday to be induced. Greg and I were up by 5:00 and on our way to Layton Hospital by 6:00 am. I got checked in and ready to go, or so we thought. It was strange to stroll into a hospital without being in labor - kind of surreal, almost like we were going shopping for a baby.

It took over an hour, 7 nurses, 5 pokes, and 1 vein finding machine to finally get me hooked up to an IV. My veins refused to cooperate, and it could be due to that fact that I was dehydrated - whoops! But they got me hooked up and ready to go. I tested positive for Strep B this time around, so I needed 4 hours for the antibiotics to kick in before I could have le bebe, so I got real comfy and found a ball to bounce on, which actually helped quite well early on with contractions. I ended up getting an epidural somewhere around 11:30 am because the anesthesiologist was scheduled to be in a surgery later. This time around, the epidural was very uncomfortable. I felt the entire thing going into my back, and it ended up being the most painful thing about my whole delivery, but it also ended up being my best epidural too, which is strange. I could still move my numb legs, so I didn't need to have anyone hold them, which was a nice change. Overall, between the IV experience and painful epidural, I'm not sure if I would choose to be induced again.

This is a pic Greg snapped of me being surrounded by nurses all waiting their turn to poke me. It was kind of horrible.
Patiently waiting at home with Grandma for news about the baby.

My Doctor was hilarious. He checked in before I had the baby to see how I was doing. He told us not to go anywhere, and that if we needed him, he would be at church. Where did he think we would go? When he finally did come back, he showed up in his church clothes, robed up, and caught the baby all in his church attire. It was awesome. You can tell he's done that more than once - just another day in the life. There was another mom delivering next door, and we were neck-in-neck with each other all morning. She beat me delivering by about 5 minutes. Oh well. Last the best of all the game, right?

She's here!

This was by far, 1000% my best delivery. My doctor was amazing and I recovered so well! No donut for me, which was a total gamechanger. I had a tiny tear, which was night and day difference from my last deliveries. I guess a real doctor does make all the difference. Overall though, the delivery in this hospital was different. They weren't super busy, so the nurses were very responsive to my needs and were quick to deliver. As soon as the baby was out, she was up on my chest. I barely had time to realize what was going on, but it was so special for me, to know that the heartache I had experienced through the last 2 years was over. That the lonliness was past, and I finally had a baby in my arms. It was the first time I looked at my sweet baby and got emotional. My eyes watered, and I was so in love. She was everything I had waited for, and she was perfect. All of my efforts, heartbreaks, and energy was worth it. My sweet baby was here.

Oh how I love her!

No comments: