Tuesday, April 5, 2022

One last trip before Baby Sister

Greg always has to work President's Day weekend, so true to tradition, I took the girls South for one last trip to Cedar before the baby was due. I was 34 weeks pregnant, so it was not the easiest trip, but boy did we have a lot of fun!

We left right when Sof got out of school and stopped to eat at the Costa Vida in Filmore - which will only be a 1 time thing. The line was crazy long, and there were only about 3 workers to handle everyone's orders. We waited close to 30 min in line just for our food. It's a good thing we love Costa Vida. Also, Claire was licking the windows left and right. That girl, I swear ... 

We sent Greg a dinner selfie and Greg sent one back. The poor guy was eating dinner at his desk, still at work. We wished he was with us.
This is how Mittens feels after being forced to be outside all day. The poor dear.

We had a fun day planned. I took the girls to get haircuts at the local hair college, and ended up getting them little manicures too. It was fun to watch them get pampered.


We barely missed seeing Shelby swim. We showed up right as she was climbing out of the pool, but let it be known that we tried!


Sof convinced my Dad to take us on a 4-wheeler ride. So he got the machines loaded and we headed out to Three Peaks. It has been awhile since I've been out there, and I forget how beautiful the view is. Cedar really does have a lot of amazing recreation opportunities.

Snuggled in the back of the truck.
My mom's motorcycle is so fun! It's even better when we get her to ride it :).

Sof was having a blast driving the 4-wheeler all by herself.

Having fun with my little bestie!
Claire insisted on taking a picture of me, and showed me how to pose. This was the result.
Me and my mini.

Sof got a small taste of my childhood when my Dad took her up a really steep hill. I think she loved it!

This will forever be one of my favorite pictures of them!

I am learning Claire gets chilled really easy. Poor girl was out in the cold too long and wasn't feeling very good after getting back to Grandma's.

We had fun going to my Parent's ward on Sunday. We were taking full advantage of the long weekend. We ended up going to St. George on Monday, but true to tradition, I left my phone in Cedar and didn't get pics. I've now done that twice on two different occasions. We went to the Tonaquint Dinosaur Park and got froyo with Grandma, which quickly became a tradition. Then, we hit Target, because why not?

We left to go home on Tuesday because the girls had it off from school. Davis School District declared it a Teacher Prepd Day, so we headed back. We had a long, fun-filled weekend. 


We had so much fun in Cedar! Sof drew this cute picture for my Mom. She sure loves her Grandma and visiting Cedar City.

No comments: