Friday, April 1, 2022

Grandma turns 60!

 My little sister came home from her mission! She had a 5 hour layover in Salt Lake, so it was fun for me to kidnap her from the Airport and go to lunch. It was both the longest and shortest mission - if that makes any sense :). Right when we got used to her being gone, she was back. We love Sister Thorley!

We traveled to Cedar the following weekend to celebrate my Mom's 60th bday (which was a total surprise) and to hear Sister Thorley give her homecoming talk in church. It was a fun family-filled weekend!

Yummy lunch @ Costa Vida.
Greg put my Mom's 2 ebikes together, so we took them out for a spin. It was freezing! Don't be deceived by the blue skies. Sof was barely holding on with her frostbitten hands.
We planned my mom a surprise bday party and held it at the Leavitt's Hangar. Before people came, the grandkids had fun giving and opening Christmas presents.
Happy Birthday Mom!

Sister Thorley gave her homecoming talk on Sunday and I was very impressed! I'm always kind of jealous how confidently returned missionaries can present themselves at the pulpit. She did great and it was fun to all be together!

Afterwards, we all gathered and got some quick pictures.

Sisters! This is the best I could do jumping while pregnant. In my mind, I got off the ground.
Expectations ...
vs. reality

No comments: