Sunday, May 8, 2022

Oh, Sweet Baby

After I had the babe, Greg left later that evening to put the girls to bed, and to give my mom a break. He left and I got to hang out with just my sweet babe - she is such a heavenly little girl! So sweet, calm, and content to be held, and my heart was happy. 

I learned with Claire to have the nursery hold the baby all night so I could get some much needed sleep. The baby would be okay drinking from a bottle for a little bit, and I slept so good! Other than the machine that was still giving me pitocin. Because of the placement of the IV, which was high in my right elbow, unless my arm wasn't being used, the machine was beeping at me well into the night. But, they were finally able to unhook me at midnight, which was glorious! Oh that IV ... 

They brought the baby back in to me around 7:30 am Monday. I ordered breakfast and waited for Greggy to arrive. He got back to my room after he helped get Sofi off to school and my mom situated with Claire. Breakfast was delicious, and we had an enjoyable day of resting and bonding with our baby. They gave her a bath, and we again marveled at how much hair she had. We couldn't believe it! 

My first morning with this little beauty. She is a little dream.
One proud daddy. I forget how tiny newborns are until I see Greg try and hold them.
She loved her hands up by her face and has the strongest grip.

Finally getting a bath. This new hospital was pretty amazing. They've made it so everything they need is integrated into each room. The recovery room had a sink big enough for the baby to have her bath in. And they showed me how to do a swaddle bath - mind blowing. 
So clean! #twins.
We are both fresh from our baths. It felt so good!

Meanwhile with grandma ...

It was "Dress like a pirate" Day at School. It was so warm that Sof walked home without shoes.
Fries and ice cream for dinner!
Finishing the day off at the trampoline park.

I think they all needed this 🤣


No comments: