Thursday, December 26, 2019

One Last Hurrah

We took a spur of the moment trip to St George as a family, kind of as the last hurrah before the weather got cold. We stayed in my aunt's townhouse just a block from the temple, and we had a lot of fun! I have come to love St George now that I no longer live 45 minutes away from it, and have realized that it truly is a magical place! As is all of Southern Utah in my unbiased opinion :).

Walking to the temple.
I had to stop and smile at Claire admiring the extra large gutters. As kids, my sisters and I would make tinfoil boats and race them in this exact gutter, and I remember thinking when I was little how big the gutter was!
I love this temple! I had to take a picture before they close it for the big remodel.

Per tradition, and to appease our very excited four year old, we went to the Dinosaur Park and were very happy to realize it was nowhere near as crowded as over Spring Break. Who knew?

We didn't have to fight anyone to get a turn on this swing.
Super excited to ride the mini train the goes around the park!
We were right behind the conductor.


Splurging on Nielsen's Custard. Claire is killing me in this picture! :)

We had hauled all of our bikes down to St George, and we took advantage of it at the fun little bike park they created out in Snow Canyon. Sof was pretty moody when it came to riding her bike uphill, but other than that, it was a lot of fun. Claire and I were content to ride ahead while Greg lagged behind dealing with Sof.


Greg is so cool!


We also hauled our swim bag down and hit the Rec Center in Snow Canyon. I hadn't been to this pool since I was probably 12-13, but it did not disappoint. The lifeguards were super lax when it came to the big slide, so Greg and I took turns taking Claire to the top then sending her down by herself. 
It was awesome!


After we got the girls in bed, Greg and I took a long walk around the neighborhood. It was fun to walk, talk, and explore the new park they built right by the old one I played on as a kid.

Once it warmed up the next morning, we found ourselves back at the Dinosaur Park and like the day before, it wasn't crowded. We had the zipline all to ourselves for quite awhile.

The zipline queen.

My sister Jessica now lives in Hurricane instead of Minersville, so it was fun for her to come meet us at the Dinosaur Park. 

Taking another ride on the train.

After leaving the park, we headed back up to Cedar City. Greg was pretty anxious to ride the Blowhard Bike Trail, and I was more than happy to drive him up, so we loaded the girls in the van and away we went.

Beautiful Cedar Canyon. On the way up, Sof asked us if we could move to Southern Utah because "Kaysville is soooooo boring ... 🤣." Lucky for her, she has a lot of reasons to visit.
Dropping Greg off at the trail head.
The Blowhard Radio ball.

Greg told me it would take him about 30 minutes to get down to the bottom, and I couldn't remember the last time I had been to Cedar Breaks, so I turned around and took the girls in. There's an entrance fee to get in, but I followed the Asian family in front of me and walked in like I owned the place, and somehow didn't get stopped. 

The asians thought my kids were the cutest things ever, and most of the time I agree with them. They couldn't stop commenting on Sof's blonde hair and blue eyes.
I had Sof take a picture of me and Claire. I love it!
Me and my girls in one of my favorite places!

These are all pictures Greg took of his ride. Holy beautiful! He's officially seen more of Cedar Breaks than I ever have, and I grew up 20 minutes away from them! He rode just before sunset and got some beautiful shots. He says this trail is now one of his favorites to ride, so I'm pretty sure he'll be doing it again as soon as he can.


Greg ended up beating us to the bottom and was patiently waiting for us. 

My cute grandma stopped by just before we headed back north to our home.

No comments: