Thursday, February 18, 2021

Fall Break: Roadtrip to Colorado, Day 1

After the pumpkin patch, I loaded the car with the girls, kissed Greggy goodbye, and headed south to stay the night at my sister's in Lehi, so we could get an early start on our 9 hour roadtrip. The kids didn't get in bed too early, and we left an hour behind schedule, but were still loaded by 8:30 am, which is pretty good if you ask me.

It was a tight fit, but we did it!
Look how cute we are, not knowing how crazy the roadtrip would be.
But the girls were having the time of their lives, so who cares?

The drive to Colorado was absolutely beautiful! Utah suffered from lack of fall colors this year, and the drive through Colorado more than made up for it. 


The girls were loving fast food for every meal, and being able to stop every 45 minutes for a potty break (that may only be a slight exaggeration). But all in all, the kids traveled really well. 

But, there is one hilarious memory I need to mention. My sister had to run my niece into a Hobby Lobby because we couldn't find any other decent quick potty on the roadside. After we were all back in and situated, Claire announced that she needed to go potty. So, we found a quick sidestreet that had a couple of tree's for Claire to hide behind, but little did we know that Claire actually had to go #2, not #1. So, As I'm realizing what Claire is doing, I lose it and can barely hold her up, I'm laughing so hard. Also, it needs to be known that we were really on the side of the street in some neighborhood, going potty on rocks, so there is no way I am going to be able to bury anything. So, after Claire declared she was done, I grabbed the biggest rock I could find, did the best I could, and jumped in the car while telling my sister to "go, go, go!" before the resident's came out to discover what we just did. 

The windy canyons were making everyone slightly nauseous, so these girls got to share a seatbelt for a while. They loved it.

We pulled in just before 7:30pm. 10 hours really isn't so bad when you have 6 kids ranging in age from 3 to 13, and 2 moms not knowing what the heck they were doing. 

But, we made it and we were ready to party!

No comments: