Thursday, February 18, 2021

Colorado, Days 3 & 4

Day 3

We ate lunch on Friday at a local diner that had absolutely amazing shakes and burgers. My mouth still waters just thinking about them. We ate well on this trip, between the food Jess made us and the places we stopped to eat. No one went hungry.


And they had the cutest little picnic tables for the kids to eat on.

Canon City, CO is known for their famous bridge. I can't remember what it's called right now, but it's one of the longest free-standing bridges in the World(?) or maybe the USA. Anyway, we went to visit it one day and it was amazing! If you wanted to pay the atrocious tourist fee, you could cross the bridge and have fun at the carnival on the other side. We weren't too keen on doing that, so just seeing the bridge was good enough. And the girls each got a souvenior, and I got a cute ornament to hang on our Christmas tree, so all was well. On the way back, we drove down what the locals call "Skyline Drive." It's the road along the spines of one of the mountains where a man who had money to burn paid to develop. It's a one-way road, and pretty amazing to drive along.

Claire was being Claire, so this is the best picture I got. I'm realizing now I should've taken more time to actually look at the bridge. Oh well, next time.
I had Sof snap this picture of me just to prove I was there. The older I get, the more fascinated I become with trains. They are so cool! And remember the passenger train in the previous post? The tracks go through the canyon under this bridge. How cool would that ride be?

Day 4

Jess is a people person, so she was so happy to have family visit around a holiday. She planned and executed the funnest Halloween party ever! She is the type of person who doesn't care what people think and is so fun no matter what she does. I'm glad we were able to visit her.


I die every time I watch this video. The kid's faces tell it all - no one knew what to think or where to look. Claire chooses not to react. Her Daddy would be proud 🤣


Painting pumpkins


I wasn't as prepared as I should have been costume-wise for myself. Luckily I'm small enough to fit into a youth size 7 Batman costume. Yay me.

Willie won "Best of Costume." The memory of him strolling into the room so confident as a pregnany lady in a swimming suit will forever be with me 🤣.
The whole crew
Claire was in her element with all of the dress up's to play with.

We ended the night watching Hocus Pocus. The kids were in heaven.

No comments: