Thursday, February 18, 2021

Colorado, Day 5 - Driving home

Sunday was our scheduled day to come home. Tiff jokingly asked if we should stay through Monday, and in hindsight, I'm realizing that we really should have. But, I had a few things I needed to get back too, so I made the executive decision, and home we came.

We left around 8:30 am. The kids were sad to leave, but it was nice to know I would be back in my bed before nightfall (or so I thought). 

Jess sent us home a different way and it was beautiful, but super windy. First, Sof threw up, then Kobe, then Lexi. It was horrible - and Sof has informed me she never wants to throw up again. Hopefully it is the first and last time for her. 

What was supposed to be a 9 hour drive turned into a 15 hour drive. We made good time until we reached Price and realized it was going to take 2 hours to get through Spanish Fork canyon. There was no good route that would save us time, so we opted to stop and let the kids play at the local elementary, where I stayed to supervise and Tiff left to get dinner. Dinner ended up being delayed too, so we were all hungry and tired by the time we all climbed back in the car. 

We ended up just braving Spanish Fork canyon, and everyone but Claire and Dayton fell asleep, which was no surprise. Why would Claire sleep in the car? Anyway, we eventually pulled into Tiff's driveway around 10:30, we unloaded her car then loaded mine, and we pulled into our driveway around 12:15 am. Greg was asleep, so I was tasked to carry our finally-sleeping girls into their beds, where they were blissfully unaware of me having done so.

Road trips are so fun, but it sure is nice to always have a place to come home to. Until next time Colorado ☮.

No comments: