Friday, September 11, 2020

Picking up the Kiddo's

We had to get our girls back to us somehow, and I wasn't about to make my parents drive any further than they had to after watching our kids for a couple of days, so Greg and I headed down Saturday to get them. It was a pleasant drive. I napped and Greg got to listen to a podcast, so all was right in the world. But, the closer we got to Cedar, the more eager I was to see my girls. Distance does indeed make the heart grow fonder. Greg and I were discussing how kids drive you crazy, but they also create a unique happiness and fulfillment that you otherwise wouldn't have. They truly cause you to realize what truly matters in life. 

And, as we got out of the car, the girls came running. They had fun with their grandparents, but they still missed us 💝 

I dropped Greg off up at the 'C' trail so he could do his traditional ride down into town. It took him longer than expected, and as he rolled up, he was bleeding. Turns out he crashed pretty good and still has the scars to prove it.

Before we left Sunday, My Dad made all of Sof's dreams come true by taking her fishing! She was so happy to cast, then reel the line back in for as long as she could. He didn't put any bait on her line, but she got some good practice casting. I think there are going to be many fishing trips in her future.

Little cuties! Not pictured is Claire with no pants. No surprise right? She walked in to the water a little deeper than she should. Classic Claire 😄.


No comments: