Monday, September 7, 2020

Happy 9th Anniversary to US!

It's amazing how quickly I reverted to my former self with my kids 4 hours south. I slept in, I was lazy with my time, I didn't eat a good breakfast/lunch, but I will say that it was amazing to be able to jump in the car and go anywhere I wanted. 

Because we had a couple of days to kill, Greg encouraged me to finish a house project, so he and I shiplapped the wall and it turned out AMAZING!



9 years. Who knew we would make it this long? 

Well, we did. And we celebrated by doing a killer hike to Flag Rock. There were a couple of ways to get up the mountain, and we of course chose the hardest one. We were literally walking straight up the face of the mountain. But, once we hit the regular trail, it was smooth sailing from there.

Our before-hike selfie.

We took a detour to Patsy's Mine. Apparently Patsy was a man determined to find Silver (correct me if I'm wrong) in the Farmington Mountains. Well, he never did, but left behind an amazing little mine that is so cool to walk through. You can still see the cart tracks and left over rocks.

Being inside the Mine was kind of eerie. It felt good to be out of the hot sun, but being inside the mountain was a different story. I am one who thrives in sunshine, so it was all I could to get back into it once I was done exploring.

We made it!
These were some of the coolest rocks I've ever seen!

The hike down was a different story than the way up - a lot easier. 

Afterwards, we went to PF Chang's to celebrate our Anniversary. It was yummy and of course we didn't have any leftovers.

Happy 9 years Greggy! I sure do love ya 🤟

Back in Cedar ... the girls weren't missing us at all.

No comments: