Monday, September 7, 2020

A Quick Trip to Cedar

The girls and I took a quick trip down to Cedar near the end of May. I'm sure I had a reason, but since I'm posting about May in September, it's a little foggy the reason other than maybe I wanted to? So off we went.

We did happen to be in Cedar the same time as most of my little Jolley cousins (who I rarely see anymore), and it was the High School's COVID graduation, which consisted of everyone social distancing on the sidewalks while all of the seniors drove up and down Main Street. Totally awesome and what should happen from now on instead of a boring graduation ceremony.

Anyway, the girls had fun seeing cousins and running around way past their bedtimes. Oh the fun that ensues whenever we visit Grandma & Grandpa's.

Claire's face tells you how happy she is to be in "City."
Cute Sofi loves the elementary park, and her new Barbie helmet from Grandma.

One of my cousins graduated High School this year, and it was fun to gather with friends and family outside Southern Utah-style, with no regard for COVID, and celebrate Abi in this exciting time of her life! My aunt and uncle have a ditch that runs nonstop in front of their house and Claire was beyond thrilled to soak 3 outfits in it. Oh Claire. I'm pretty sure she only fell a couple of times.

Me: "What are you doing?" Claire: "Good!" 🤣


My Dad is no longer building houses and has transitioned over to supplementing his business with machine work. He had a job up on the mountain redoing a pipeline for a community of cabins. I was happy to help him out on the pipeline one night. Being up there in the dark chasing him on his bulldozer instantly took me back to my childhood and the crazy times we spent up on Cedar Mountain. My dad is so cool!

He let me drive his new bulldozer and it was so nice! It's amazing the difference in a bulldozer with brakes that actually work :). I never weighed enough to stop his old machine, so the hydraulic system of this new one was pretty sweet. 


Meanwhile, back in Kaysville ...





 

No comments: