Saturday, August 20, 2022

Mini Enduro #1: Jeremy Ranch

Greg started up his Mini Enduro's this summer. Thanks to yours truly, he missed the email telling the crowd that the Mini Enduro Season Passes were live - meaning he didn't get a season pass, but it wasn't all bad. He was still able to sign up for the individual races that he wanted to do and miss the ones he didn't. 

The day of the 1st Mini Enduro was super hot down in Kaysville, but the clouds continued to get darker and darker the closer we got to Park City. Being the stellar mother that I am, I didn't pack any rain jackets ... why would I? But, I remember the girl's hats, so I considered that good enough. Lucky for us, and Greg, the clouds waited to unload until after his 2 races.

Check out those dark clouds!
The girls did so good on the hike! Look how green it is.

Greg's first stage finish and we made it in plenty of time. He did great!

Claire was in wildflower heaven.

Greg came barreling down the mountain on his 2nd stage finish and scared the crap out of the lady in front of him. You can see her stopped as he flew past her in the first of the video. Luckily she got off the trail just in time or he would've run her over.


It chose to rain for a little bit while Greg was climbing back up the mountain for his 2nd race. The girls and I did the best we could hiding under the scraggly tree's.

I had to include these pictures of Claire, because she's hilarious!

We were able to hike down quickly enough before the rain hit. We were a good 50 yards away and Claire, Quincey and I booked it as fast as we could to the car. It was dead (I'll tell that story in a later post) and poor Greg was out in the pouring rain jumping the car while the girls and I watched cozily from inside.

I snapped this picture of this random guy to show how muddy it got. He rode down just minutes behind us - it was crazy! But, Utah needs the rain so it's hard to complain. 


You can't even tell the color of his bike. Crazy!

No comments: