Sunday, August 7, 2022

First Trip of the Summer

 And I'm sure you can guess where we went ...

Cedar City!

Greg called me one day from work and let me know he had a few unused days left of his paternity that were about so expire, so he loaded up his bike and headed south with us.

It was Memorial Weekend, so to take advantage of the extra day, we left on a Sunday right after church. It was Greg's first time traveling 4 hours with the Quincey Babe and like me, he couldn't believe how well she traveled. She has quickly become his favorite as well :).


Aunt Katy was home for the summer and had Monday (Memorial Day) off from work. She took the girls and we literally didn't see them all day. She had them all over town! At the park, painting nails, making snowcones, you name it. She is so much fun, and I'm glad she got to spend a whole day with them.


Oh the things Aunt Katy teaches Claire ...


Greg took full advantage of the Southern Utah mtn biking trails. The weather wasn't super hot, so he lucked out pretty well weather-wise. 


It's not until I moved away and don't see it every day that I realized how beautiful Cedar Canyon really is. I miss this view!

My cute Grandma held Quincey as often as she could. She loves babies and it was so sweet to watch her love on Quincey.
Sof has been begging me for 2 years now to take her fishing. I'm lazy and put it off until I got Aunt Katy to take her :). Her fishing dreams all came true and she was so happy!


We met Greg at the the little Cedar Mountain Biking course again with the girls after one of his rides. This was Sof's first time on her new bike and Claire was doing awesome on her bigger bike as well. The girls love sharing this hobby with Greg, and I love that he finally has two people in his life who will go with him :).

A video to show Claire doing a "hock a wheelie."

HOTTIE!
Greg raced us to the top of the street where I unloaded the girls bikes and followed them as they cruised down the hill back to Grandma's house.

My sister Jessica was in town with her kiddo's for their summer trip and we spent a fun day with them playing in the creek at the Canyon Park and getting yummy snow cones.


Cute Oakley loved meeting Quincey.

My mom agreed to watch our Girl's one night so Greg and I could go on a proper date to celebrate our 11th Anniversary. We went to the local Thai cuisine, then walked up and down Cedar Main. I have so many memories of that cute Main Street! When backing back up past the building that held my Grandpa's Western Store, we noticed people coming in and out. I stopped and told them who I was and they gratefully invited me into the building to see how they have renovated it, and all I can say is Wow! They have done a fantastic job! Before my Grandpa bought the building, it was a hotel. I had no idea that there was such beautiful architecture being hidden beneath tile ceilings and rows of shelves. I am so happy that new breath has been put back into that space. They are going to use it as an Event Center, and I think they will do very well! They are keeping the 2 upper floors and renovating the old hotel rooms into apartments for when the owners come to town, and they said they plan on turning the basement into an Arcade. After walking out, I told Greg that if money weren't an issue, I would love to do that very thing to an old building. Renovating old things is so much fun!

So beautiful! The chandelier was a new installment, as was the carpet, tile, and wainscoting. This is an addition my Grandpa added onto the store later.

Wednesday, We spent the day at Sand Hollow celebrating a birthday. Our girls were so excited to spend the day on the boat with their cousins, and Greg was excited to spent the day under a canopy with Quincey safely on the shore.

The girls rode down early with Grandma and Grandpa while I waited back at the house for Greg to finish a morning ride.
After 3 months, Aunt Jess was finally able to meet Quincey. She loved her!

By the time we got down to Sand Hollow, the girls were already living their best lives on the boat. 

Coming in for some lunch.

While Claire is having the time of her life on the beach ...


Sofia is napping in a tent after suffering from heat exhaustion. We have quickly learned this summer that she is extra prone to exhaustion in hot weather. She is learning the hard way the importance of drinking water and staying hydrated.

Quincey finally succumbed to a nap as well.

Enjoying free time while the kiddo's sleep.
Quincey never left the shore, and neither did Greg.

Meanwhile, I'm doing my very best not to get thrown off a tube with my 3 sisters.

Sof continued to be super low on energy, but we still carted her back to the Billing's house to eat dinner and cut the cake. As they were singing Happy Birthday, Greg calls me from the car to tell me Sofia was throwing up. Oh boy! The poor girl! Heat exhaustion is no fun, and Greg and I learned a lesson that day. It is fun to be with cousins, but it's also important to take care of our kids if they aren't feeling well. It had been a long, hot day, and all 3 kids were asleep by the time we got back to my parent's house that night.

Claire lives the dream on the pedestal toilet. She found Grandpa's construction mazagines and was soaking it all in.

I made it a point to stop and show Baby Quincey to my Aunt Lynette and Uncle Danny. They are both so special to me, and although it was 3 months later, I really wanted them to meet Quincey. They have both been there for me in different times in my life, and I am so happy to be able to show them my cute kiddo's and have them be included in their lives.

We made it back home Thursday evening just in time for dinner and to be greeted by a very enthusaistic Mr. Mittens. We had had a fun trip, but it sure was good to be home.

Let the Summer Fun begin!

No comments: