Saturday, April 6, 2019

Busy Season Trip to Cedar

We were packed and ready to go Thursday morning to go to Cedar City. Sofi woke up so excited to see Grandma Jan and it was all I could do to get her to Preschool on time. Claire and I were packed and ready to go when we picked Sofi back up. While we were eating lunch, I got a phone call from Greg who informed me that I had mixed up my weekends and if we went to Cedar we would miss the Annual Spjute party. I asked Sofi multiple times what she would want to do, and she said Cedar every time (and don't forget everything was packed), so off we went to Cedar City.

Having fun waiting for Sofi.
She sleeps in the car for a grand total of 40 minutes. But hey, it's better than nothing.
Chasing Grandma's kitty and wondering where she went.
It's important to keep your ears warm while going #1.
Shelby's dog has destroyed my parent's backyard, so luckily there is a fun park next door.

Facetiming poor, busy Greggy

Sof had a blast being chased by my mom one night out playing.


Neither girl was cooperating for a picture.
My grandma loves them anyway.
This isn't the best picture, but on the last night in Cedar the big red hill was all lit up, and somehow it made the whole trip worth it. Just about every time I take a trip to Cedar, I wonder why I do it because my girls drive my crazy, and most of the time I'm by myself with them, but when I see beautiful scenery like this, scenery I rarely see anymore, it makes it worth it. And, the fact that my girls love Cedar City and their grandparents makes it worth it too.
Driving back west, the clouds were amazing. It was the calm before the storm.
Claire became good friends with this swing.

Cedar High's Girls Basketball team was in the play-offs for the State Championship while we were down there, so my parents went each night and each night they won, everyone got more excited. Sofi wanted so bad to watch that my dad snuck her in. This is her excited face watching the CHS girls win the State Championship for the first time ever. 

Clairey loves Mocha.
This is the picture Greg sent me of the Spjute movie night. It looked fun, but I kept telling myself I would've had to take Claire home early anyway.


No comments: