Thursday, October 26, 2017

We Survived

I, as in we, survived the first week of being a parent  to two, and it really wasn't as bad as I thought. I have come to the conclusion that adapting to the first child was harder than adapting to two; a happy realization on my part.

I think over the 2 weeks of Greg's paternity Sofi was drowning in the extra attention and started acting out. Happily, she has returned to normal. However, she does still only let Greg put her to sleep at night and asks every day if "Daddy put me nuh-night" for naps. It never fails. And, she doesn't like me to sing to her - she prefers Greg's voice. I don't know whether to be insulted or relieved.

Good Morning!
This happens every morning. No joke.
We made a trip to to the West Bountiful park. She didn't want me to play in the sand with her (a first). Instead, she pointed to the bench and said, "No, sit over there." I happily obliged. 
Soaking up the sun on my bench.
Well hello Miss Claire.
Sof, "Can I lay by her?"
She let me do her hair all fancy one morning. She was so excited to have her first play date at the new house!
She is getting really good at her smiley faces.
She has embraced the wrap.
Sometimes I think she's a better parent than me.
I was ambitious one morning and gave Sof her first haircut.
It turned out a lot better than I thought. Thank you Kung Fu Panda.
After 3 months, Sof will finally wear this cute cape we scored from a parade back in July.

I've got to say my favorite part of the day is being able to hear Sof sing herself to sleep while I feed Claire down the hall. She knows both verses to "I Love To See the Temple" and her little voice is just the cutest thing ever! Even if she is awake for an hour singing, I continue to love it. Greg's opinion may be different though.

Starting to smile in her milk coma's.
The ultimate entertainer.

No comments: