Friday, October 20, 2017

Paternity Leave

Greg survived his Paternity Leave - and I like to think he went back to work a little wistfully. The first week he may have overstayed his welcome, but by the end of the 2nd week, I found myself wishing he could work from home, or at least be around more often during the day. I really enjoyed having my husband around. Weird, I know.

1 week old!
Sof loves helping her Daddy mow the lawn.
Claire has fuzzy ears like her Dad. Sofi is like me and likes to pet them. 

I was able to get back in the swing of things much quicker than usual with Greg around. I could take Sof shopping without a newborn, and even take her to the park. It was glorious.

 

Greg ditched Claire and I one night to take Sofi hiking with his family, so Claire and I got to hang out. It seems like right as he closed the door to leave, I looked at Claire and thought, "Now what?" I'd become so accustomed to people being around that it was lonely having them leave. 

Just hangin'.

But Sofi came home so excited to have gone hiking that their absence was worth it! She was so excited to pack her own backpack with her dinner because she's too picky to eat hot dogs (I don't blame her).


Greg came home so excited about the leaves this year that I felt is was necessary to include the pictures he took. Mostly, because Greg doesn't really take pictures.



Greg likes to put Claire in Sof's bed with her. Sof agree's. I love how well she has embraced being an older sister.

 
I went on a walk with Sof and she insisted I take a picture of her sitting on this "green thing." 
On our walk we also had to give each of these skeletons a high five. Sofi actually took this picture and I think she did a great job!

My family came back up north for a baby blessing and took the time to come show my grandma and Dad our new house, and Baby Claire. 

4 Generations.

I made the decision for us all to go down to my niece's baby shower. I didn't much feel like staying holed up in the house.

Greg took it upon him to quarantine Claire up in one of my sister's bedrooms. I found them both asleep.
My cute grandma. She sure loves her posterity.
We finally moved Sof to a big girl bed, and you can tell she's only a little bit excited ... :).
It's a big deal for Sofi to let someone else sit on her couch. Just 2 cute sisters watching Moana.

Greg power washed our house and sidewalk. The dark part is where he hadn't cleaned the sidewalk yet. I'm guessing he got up 40 years worth of filth. Nasty.
Sof inherited this wagon and Greg took her on the maiden voyage, in her Ariel wedding dress.

We made it to Pack Farms one afternoon to pick pumpkins and can you say Holy Mosquitoes?! They are bad every year, and I don't know why I told myself this year would be different, because it wasn't. We lasted long enough to pick pumpkins and take some pictures. Poor Sof. We doused her in bug spray and she still managed to get bit through her long-sleeved shirt and jacket. 


She was content to sit and play in the dirt.
Cute dirty bum.
Running to catch up with her Dad.
My two girls with their pumpkins. Can you see Claire's?
Watching more movies.
Sof found my eyeshadow one night. It happened to be right before we went to play at Arctic Circle.
I didn't wipe it off good enough and am now realizing she looks abused.
Good morning/afternoon from this little chub.
Running on the Lagoon trail. I'm lagging behind, as has been the case for months.

Paternity ended bright and early for Greg as he has to get back on schedule, but boy was it nice to have him around to help out. I have become a firm believer in Paternity, simply because I may have self-destructed without it. 

No comments: