Friday, February 26, 2016

The Zoo at the Zoo

(Thanks Alicia for the title of this post :) ).

Just like any young mom trying to survive the winter, I thought it would be a great idea to take advantage of Hogle Zoo's free day. It was their last free day so what better time to go right? Wrong. Big wrong. I parked more than a 1/2 mile away in the residential area, and was still walking past the long line of cars making their way up Sunnyside Ave to the zoo's parking lots. And yes, I was walking faster than that line of cars.

Luckily, my sister-in-law Alicia was willing to take advantage of the free day with me. What a lesson we learned. We definitely saw more people than animals and the drive to the zoo took longer than the time we took just walking around. We did one lap and decided to call it quits. Sensory overload for the wee ones! Or so I thought ... Sofi only slept 1 hour after getting home. Oh well, life goes on ...

The survivors.
I'm wishing now I would've taken a picture of that line of cars while singing in my head the annoying childhood song, "There is the [road] that never ends, it goes on and on my friends ..."

No comments: