Friday, February 19, 2016

Greg turns 28!

I'm married to a 28 year old. He's so old.

Birthday's aren't a big deal to Greg, but they are to me, so I try to force my excitement on him whether he wants it or not. He's so lucky! 

Sofi and I shopped for very practical presents (of course procrastinating until the day of). He is always in need of clothes, so it is clothing he got. If we ever need a break from each other, and it's cold outside, Kohls' is the place we go. There are some carts with a baby spot in the from of the cart so we can both be together without being together. It is the greatest thing ever.

Anyway, back to Greg. We went and rescued him from his cubicle for lunch and crossed the tracks to the west side where we found a ghetto but surprisingly good mexican joint. Greg's pick. It's his birthday.


While most normal individuals prefer to go out to dinner for their birthday meal, Greg being the ever optimist (funny) requested yet another homemade meal, so a homemade meal he got. His choice? Tater tot casserole complete with baked potatoes. I know, your mouths just watered. Sofi is just like her daddy and is a meat and potato kind of gal. We even make her her own little potato when we bake them. She's the cutest.

Greg went all out, and instead of requesting oatmeal raisin cookies like last year, wanted me to make him a full-blown cheesecake. Like, an official one; none of this non-baked crap. So I went and bought a pan at Target and found a recipe to try. The end result? Perfection! The best part was running to the grocery store 1 mile down the road while Sofi napped. Parent of the year award! She tends herself more than she thinks.

Yes, I forgot to get a picture of my perfect cheesecake. Don't remind me.
We are so grateful for Greggy and the person he is in our lives. We wouldn't be near as entertained without him. Happy birthday Greg! We sure do love ya :).

No comments: