Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Spring Break 2016

We finally did it. We escaped northern Utah and headed south, and what a fun week we had! Greg has been working crazy hours at work so we took off and left him in the dust. (Just kidding, he'd been telling me to go for weeks).

Sofi was such a champ on the way down. We stopped for a break in Beaver then made it to Cedar without a single crying spell. This trip will go down in the books. I've learned that as long as I feed Sofi food during a trip, she stays happy. Being 'Hangry' tends to run in my family...

It was fun to see the temple going up coming into Cedar. Here is a picture I took before my exit. I know, so safe.
Hard to see, but it's right above the power lines.
We left for Cedar early and got there just in time to enjoy the day. Sofi's visit revolved around grandma's kitty. She would rather watch the crazy cat than eat. She must be my child.
Sofi is all girl, and was all about modeling my little sister Shelby's headband and anklet she made for her.
It was so fun to have someone to go walking with in the morning. My mom is in such good shape! I nicknamed her "the bulldozer." Seriously, she puts me to shame. We walked up to the temple and the weather was beautiful!
Sofi got really good at sneaking up on the kitty
Enjoying the sunshine! Notice no coat and no socks. She was in heaven!
We had 1 rough night. This is how Sofi felt about it when I checked on her in the morning.
Covering her eyes in her sleep. Poor babe. 
We wanted even more sunshine (crazy right?) so we traveled even further south to Hurricane to see my sister Jess and her kids, and I am so happy we did. Hello 80 degree weather!
The Black Ridge. Oh how I've missed you! I think my smile would get bigger and bigger the further south I drove.
I had to take yet another picture driving because these tree's in Toquerville were so pretty! Everything was blooming; and I love this little highway. It's been way too long!
I wasn't sure if I was going to stay the night or not, so I of course only packed Sofi's bag. Good thing I did, because we stayed the night :). 

After much coaxing, Sofi ended up taking a 2+ hour nap at Jess's. We then packed the car to go hiking. How pretty are these pictures? This was yet another moment when I kept asking myself, "Why did I ever leave?!?"
Look how vibrant those trees are!
Hahaha! You're welcome Jess :)
Cute Thor babe is no longer a babe. He literally explored everything on this hike.
The water was FREEZING!!!
Jess is a free spirit. Nothing gets her down and she is such a fun person to be around. I aspire to be more like her, but maybe with more of a schedule? Love ya Jess :). She always tells me "Hakuna Matata" whenever I complain. No expectations = no disappointments. I like her style.
Bath time with cousins. 
Sofi slept like a champ in the pack n'play. Future camping trips are looking more promising.
Stealing toys from cousin Ridge. It's a good thing he's a good sport.
Once we got back to Cedar, Sofi fell asleep and almost took a 3 hr nap. Holy cow! She's never done that before and it was pretty awesome. She woke up at 6:00 pm, so we decided to go watch Shelby dance. It was pretty entertaining.
Sofi loved clapping and cheering the dancers on with the rest of the crowd.
Going strong at 8:45 pm. Her schedule was so off schedule and it was so awesome!

Hang tight, more updates to come.

No comments: