Thursday, December 1, 2022

Claire Starts Pre-K

I'm learning that Claire is smart. Like, crazy smart. She has the memory of an elephant, nothing goes unnoticed, and she is constantly surprising me at her crazy attention to detail. Her genius is both a blessing and a curse. For one, she often remembers where I put things and can tell me where they are when I forget (or when she hides them). But, her genius causes her to obsess over things, like starting Pre-K for example. It was a loooooooonnnnnnnggggggggg couple of weeks until it was her turn to go to her class. 

This is Claire with Ms Kaylin. Our neighboorhood absolutely raves about Ms Kaylin, so I was pretty excited for Claire to experience her awesomeness.

Claire only had Ms Kaylin for 3 days, until we got an unexpected text saying she had been in a biking accident and was unconscious at the hospital. After multiple surgeries, she was deemed unfit to teach, and we were left high and dry for a few days while we waited to see how she was. Her injuries were so extensive, that her husband emailed us a list. She broke all sides of her body except her left leg - it was crazy! She was optimistic that she would be able to return to teaching by December, but I wasn't too sure that was going to happen, so I frantically called around and got Claire signed up for another preschool. I may have jumped the gun, but Claire needs opportunities to be social, and I need the 3 hours I get on Tuesday's and Thursday's to be productive - it's necessary for both of our sanities!

Ms. Kaylin had her accident the day before the first scheduled field trip to the Kaysville Fire Department, and since she had made an appointment, we all went anyway. It was pretty cool but equally sad to be there without her.

Claire wasn't able to celebrate her birthday in Preschool like we planned, but luckily her new preschool made up for it on the 2nd day she was there. She is happy to be back at Apple Tree Schoolhouse and chose to celebrate by having her classmates dress in their jammies.

No comments: