Tuesday, January 11, 2022

That one time I built bunk beds ....

The girls have wanting bunk beds for the longest time, and they kept asking me when I was going to "build" them some, so I got it in my mind to do just that - build some!

my inspiration.

Long story short, I am kind of high maintenance when it comes to furniture. I have a hard time buying "junk," and the bunkbeds I had my eye on cost around $1,599 so I decided to save some money and build some. 

Oh naive Heidi, bless your heart. What I thought would take 1 week ended up taking 6. Sof developed a complex over time, and could often be found asking, "Wouldn't it be faster/easier to buy them?" Why yes, Sofi, it would. But doing things the easy way is not how I roll.

Needless to say, after those 6 weeks were up, I was ready to burn the bunk beds. But, I'm glad I didn't. They turned out beautiful, the girls LOVE them, and they are one more piece of furniture I have made that I hope will outlive me.

My cute little model.
This is the point of the project where I'm starting to get giddy. They look so good painted!
All finished!!

No comments: