Saturday, July 17, 2021

Saturday - Goodbye Mexico

It was bittersweet to wake up Saturday knowing we would end the day back in Utah. We were excited to see our girlies, but I was hesitant to leave Mexico. I grew up my whole life thinking one way about Mexicans, but my mindset was completely altered in a matter of days. Mexicans are hard working, they are kind, they make absolutely amazing food, and they are better than Americans. There, I said it. Yes, there are bad places in every country, but Puerto Vallarta was not one of them. I was not excited to get back to bossy, lazy America. 

We had one last breakfast, spent some more time on the beach, then took our Taxi to the Airport early enough to get our long-awaited COVID tests, which are horrible. I'm not sure how people endure it on a weekly basis. Greg was relieved to get both of our NEGATIVE results, then we headed through security to wait at our gate. 

I was tempted to buy some Mexican Vanilla on the way, but didn't. Instead, I bought an amazing Johnny Rocket's shake. It really was so good! We had lunch in the airport - old, soggy pizza. Oh well. At our gate, Greg and I were called up and asked a bunch of questions by airport security. It was pretty nerve wracking, and I'm still not sure why they called us up out of everyone, but we came through clean and were allowed to board the plane.

I miss this view.
We quickly learned our resort had a lot of hidden animals.
No butts on the beach.
Bye PV! Oh how we miss you!
On the plane, COVID-free, waiting to fly home.
Goodbye sunny Mexico skies, hello cloudy Utah air.

No comments: