Saturday, July 17, 2021

Thursday - Timeshares, Horses, Massage, and Rhythms of the Night

Greg still couldn't believe I got us suckered into going to a timeshare presentation, but honestly if you ask me, it was totally worth it! 

We went to a different resort that morning for catered breakfast, which actually was a bit better than what we had at our own resort. We then went on a tour and were taken back to discuss financing options. I was sold (of course), but Greg was firm on saying "NO" and demanded to leave when his 75 minute timer went off. We were promised massages and money for COVID tests at the airport, along with a free taxi ride to the airport on Saturday. We didn't have many plans for the rest of Thursday, so after trading our massages for horse rides on the beach, and signing up for Rhythms of the Night (which we also got at a discount), off we went for the ride of our lives [literally].

My dream come true. Seriously! I've waited my whole life to ride a horse on the beach. It was magical!
My horse was named Benito. I loved him instantly!
This is Carlos, or "Charlie." He lives my dream. He lives in a small town, surrounded by horses and rides the beach every day. I had so many questions!!! Curse you language barrier.
Greg's horse was named Tequila. Fitting after drinking his first alcoholic beverage the day before 🤣
This building was covered in giant seashells.
Trip made!

After we got off the horses, Greg found the nearest massage vendor and paid him to "untwist his balls." I was dying! I've never heard anyone complain as much as Greg about saddles being uncomfortable. But, That 30 minute massage was honestly the best massage I've ever had. It has ruined all future massages for me. There's something about lying facedown and hearing the ocean. It was amazing.

Only an accountant would sit like this while on the phone. 🤣 According to Greg, all successful people sit with crossed legs. He may be right.


We had a few hours to kill before boarding our boat at 9:00ish for Rhythms of the Night, so we did what any sane people would do, and went and relaxed on the beach. 

Rhythms of the Night was AMAZING! Anyone visiting PV needs to do it. It was about a 45 minute boat ride south to a private beach, where we saw an amazing Cirque de Soleil style show - in the middle of the jungle. Greg and I were definitely out of our element, but it was a fun experience nonetheless. Our boat crew was top notch, and I think the boat ride entertainment was one of my favorite parts of the trip.

Google made me a collage. Thanks? :)

We thought this lady was taking our picture, but she took a video instead. I kind of love it.


Pulling up to the beach.


Walking towards the show. They spared no details.

the flexibility of these performers was unreal! Look closely and you can see the 3 girls stacked on top of each other.
We were pretty far back and could still feel the heat from the flames.
I'm not sure why this is the best pic we got, but it is. The food was so yummy! We were given our own private table on the beach after the show. The distant lights in the background were amazing to see. We were pretty far away! Honestly, I was beginning to think everything was better in Mexico - I'm still convinced it is.

The boat crew did such a good job entertaining us on the boat ride back. Only Greg could fall asleep to this song, on a boat, surrounded by people. It was hilarious!


We got back around midnight, which was 1:00 am our time, so we were exhausted! But, we had so much fun and would definitely do it again!

No comments: