Sunday, June 14, 2020

Mittens!

I've been telling Sofi for almost a year that when she turned 5 she could get a kitty. I don't think Greg really believed that I would, but sure enough, we did! People around us want actual money for their kittens, and quite a bit, and I'm against paying anything for cats, so I diligently watched KSL until I saw a listing in Spanish Fork for free kittens!!! I showed Sof the pictures, let her pick one, and I promptly texted the guy who said he would hold the orange one for a little girl's birthday. The girls and I went to Walmart, bought some kitten supplies, and the next day, on March 24, 2020 off we went to pick up the kitten. Funny how I'll spend the gas to pick up a kitten, right? Anyways, he was absolutely adorable and Sof's whole countenance lit up when he was placed in her arms. We needed a little ray of Sunshine to come through our Corona raincloud.

Meet Mittens!! I love that his eyes are as blue as Sof's.
He already slept better in the car than either of my kids.
He escaped sometime during the drive and hid in the car the whole way home. I found him curled up in the very back under my stroller. He is truly the sweetest little kitty!
He warmed right up to Greg. 🤣
I've never known a cat to sleep on his back like a dog. He kills me.
He became my little work buddy.

Sof was content to entertain and take care of her kitten. He provides her with endless amount of laughter. He is just the little buddy she needed.


Poor Mittens. It will be a miracle if he survives Claire.


He loves climbing all the way up Greg like he is a tree. Here is a play-by-play of him doing it 🤣

 

 

 

Greg acts like he doesn't like it, but he secretly does. Notice him trying not to smile. His flared nostrils give him away every time.

Finally a use for this corner cabinet.
Claire is in a major Princess phase right now. She goes through dresses like they're going out of style. I was laughing this day when I found her the rocking chair, staring at herself in the mirror, while sucking on her Moana necklace. She's the best.
I went to check on Claire one night and got the scare of my life - she wasn't in her crib!!! I searched and eventually found her behind her chair, fast asleep where she had snuck out to read books.
Mittens is Sof's little rommate until she falls asleep. It's the cutest thing!
He loves to climb up the hamper then out the ripped hole.
This picture of Claire kills me! 🤣💓🥰 She gave herself lipstick one day with a red marker.
Being creative in quarantine means making Sof a homemade mask to match her beloved Supergirl dress. She was thrilled! Score one for the hoarders and my extra scraps of felt.
We sent a picture to Grandma Great one day. I was dying at how Sof colored Grandma's hair!

Oh Claire. I couldn't end the post without this video of her. She's awesome, and I have gray hairs because of her. Literally, I'm gray.


Further proof he's the best kitten ever! Greg and I agree it's good we got a kitten first before having another kid. Can you imagine?





No comments: