Thursday, September 1, 2016

Logan for a Day

We spent the day in Cache Valley last Saturday. I haven't felt that at home in a long time. As we dropped into the valley, I felt like I was returning home from a long trip. To say I miss Logan is an understatement! Sorry Davis County, it's not me, it's totally you.

We of course had to stop at the beloved Gossner's Cheese Factory, 1 mile away from our old apartment. We used to go there weekly, and you better believe we had brought along a cooler to store our $40 cheese haul!

Next, we took Sofi up to Aggie Ice cream and each splurged on our own cone. It has been too long! Aaannndd, Aggie Blue Mint is still the best. Hands down.

Blurry, but it will have to do.

Our Bishop and his cute wife from our beloved Logan 17th Married Student Ward planned a long-awaited ward reunion at their house the "Redneck Ranch." Sadly, I didn't get any pictures with them, but it was so fun to be back among friends! We had grown so close to these people and it was fun to catch up after our 2 years apart. We couldn't believe it had been that long! Everyone either had kids or multiple kids, and it was fun to get to meet all the newbies.

Sofi was in heaven with all of the animals (minus Bishop's horse) in their backyard. They live in beautiful Millville surrounded by fields and animals, basically my dream location. Anyway, Sofi loved to go back and forth between climbing on the sheep's pens and feeding her roll to the chickens.

Feisty little suckers!

It was so fun to visit and reminisce about so many fun memories. Cache Valley has my heart, and I will always be so happy that we were able to live there. Luckily, it is an hour drive away, so we can visit whenever we want.

No comments: