Monday, September 12, 2016

Peach Days 9-10-16

Greg and I held to our little tradition this year of going to Peach Days in Brigham City. We bypassed the parade and chose to go right to the car show, and IT WAS AMAZING! Truly the best car show I have seen in a really long time. The cars filled up the park on both sides of Forrest Street and had pretty much everything ever created. Needless to say, both Greg and I were in heaven and Sofi tolerated them in order to be able to play on the jungle gym.

1970 Pontiac Firebird
1969 Shelby Mustang
I sent my dad a text because he knows anything and everything about cars. According to him, this Ford 1970 Boss 429 is "worth for parts about $290,000. If it is in good condition it's worth about $750,000. If it's in mint condition it's worth anywhere from $2 to $3 million. He would trade his 1970 Boss 302 for on in a heart beat." 
Shelby Cobra replica
My '56 t-bird. My grandparents had one of these when they were first married and how I wish they never sold it! If I had one of these and a '54 Corvette, I would be one happy person.
Greg was drooling over the trucks
Sofi insisted on riding the carousel. Greg graciously offered to let me ride with her. What fun we had!!

We got lunch at one of the food stands and found a place in the shade. Pork nachos with a side of baked beans - and we all chowed down. Cute Sofi had her fill and walked along the curb with Greg while I finished, then we swapped. She loves walking on curbs and short walls lately and it is so cute! 

After lunch, we stopped by to get peach shakes at Greg's mom's Peach City. We noticed they upgraded the bathrooms to actually be in the little restaurant instead of down the creepy stairs out back. Kind of sad, but good for the safety of others I guess. Next year, we decided we will just end up eating here - the fries are amazing and the burgers juicy. What more could we want?

Sharing a shake
This is right as she spilled the water.
I love her little belly hanging out!
 She was exhausted, so she slept on the way home then transferred easily to her crib and kept on sleeping. Hallelujah!


BYU and the U were playing a game that same night, and this was Greg watching his beloved BYU LOSE!!! Bahahahaha.


We finished off the weekend with Sofi playing with her fun old "new" toys. I'm am so happy she now has a kitchen to play in while I'm making dinner. So far, she only like to cook her stuffed animals ...


 We love eating lunch outside! It's amazing how much better she eats when she is sitting on a blanket in the shade.


Her hair! I love doing it in a top piggy just so it can look like this at the end of the day.

No comments: