Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Davis County Fair

I love fairs. The food, booths, rodeos, animals, atmosphere, people-watching ... the list goes on. When I found out the dates for the Davis County Fair, you better believe I had it written on my calendar! It is hands down the best Fair I've been to in like, ever.

This was literally the biggest hog I have ever seen! I'm not sure how that gate was keeping it in it's pen.

There was a free petting zoo. I'm pretty sure I could've stayed there all day if Greg would have let me.

BABY PIGS!!!!!
Our future family pet (Not Sofi, the pig :))
Tiny baby goats!!!
Elephant rides

My little animal lover was less than thrilled to ride the ponies. But, we persevered and eventually got a picture of her not crying.

This one's the best.
Finally calming down, just in time for it to be over.
 The genius people who planned the Fair were no rookies. There was a tent full of activities for the kids! I lost count of how many times Greg raced down this tube with Sofi. It had a vacuum attached and you would put your ball in and it would get sucked all the way through the tube and drop the ball in the bucket at the end.


There were also these fun old hand pumps on a water trough where the kids could pump water and send the rubber duckies down a mini water slide.

Greg milked a cow. I think he slightly enjoyed it.

We ended our fun day with our ward party. We have finally made friends in the last 2 years we've been in this ward, so we all had a really good time.

Sofi chose her headband. She is as girly as they come. She also loves to clean. She did not get that trait from me.

The theme for the ward party was everything "Pirate." We were the Chumbuckets for the night. Sadly, I obviously didn't get a picture with our new names. They were pretty great!

There were some fun Pirate related activities for the kids. There were water balloons, Octopuses (sponges stuck together to make 8 legs), Walking the plank (a big pine board over a mini pool) and digging for buried treasure. Sofi loves the sandbox so it wasn't hard to know which activity would be her favorite.

Digging for buried treasure
Why wouldn't she climb in?

We got some mosquito bites and Greg kept trying to convince me the sloppy joes were just taco meat but who cares? We all had fun and that is the only thing that matters.

No comments: