Thursday, June 30, 2016

Thorley Cabin Week 1

It's that time again! Summer, BBQ's, parades, and .... TRIPS TO THE CABIN!

Now that I live away, I realize how lucky I was to be able to live so close to the mountain when I was growing up. We were able to go pretty much whenever we wanted, because we were within 1 hour drive of my family's property. Now I live in Bountiful, I'm not so lucky, and I find myself having random bouts of 'Cabinitis,' if there's even such a thing.

Sofi was a peach on the way down to Cedar, and I think spent more time outside her car seat than in. Oh well, we arrived in one piece.


We had one whole day at the cabin to ourselves before the rest of the family arrived. Boy did we have fun!

She found a new friend
Sofi's Thorley side came out when we found a horny toad.
Selfie heaven! 
Swingin' with her baby and daddy
Hiking!
What a ham
She loved playing tether ball!
My parents and little sisters decided to join us on Wednesday thru Saturday. My mom sure knows how to shop for family outings, holy cow! It is a week later and I think I am still stuffed from everything we ate. Good food and good company. Everything is better on the mountain.
So excited to see Grandma!
My little sisters stole Sofi for an hour. They took her over to the zipline and she had a blast! I love this pic I got of them all walking back together..
Sofi was always wanting to help cook dinner. She loves to stir stir stir! (and eat the food)
When we forget the skewers, we improvise.
I finally got Greg to ride his first morotcycle! He may or may not have loved it.
Catchin' salamanders
The girls catching the salamanders they wouldn't touch.
If this isn't true love, then I don't know what is.
Greg was a man's-man and helped my dad finish an addition he was making to my great-aunt's cabin. It was fun to see him helping, because my dad built this cabin when I was 6! I have fun some memories there. It is where we would stay until my grandpa decided to build his own cabin.


Ever since my grandpa remarried, at the ripe old age of 82, I haven't seen much of him, so it was so fun to have him stop by the cabin on his way through. He is the oldest of 5 kids and they all were having lunch together at one of the other cabins. I had to snag a picture while we could. He just turned 89 on June 28 and I never know how much time with him we have left.


We left early Saturday morning to try and get on the road back to Bountiful in time for Sofi's nap. Boy was it hard to leave! We had a lot of fun and played hard. Sofi was so happy to see grandma's kitty was still around, they are best buddies!


Greg relinquished the drivers seat to me, and this is a pic I tried to snap while he was stuck trying to sneak through to sit with Sofi. Imagine a long legged creeper stuck on his back, and you've got Greg. Hahaha!! :)

I'm already counting down the days until our next week at the cabin. Only 3 weeks to go! 

No comments: