Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sofia Lu Spjute - 1 Year Birthday Bash!!

Miss Sofia Lu Spjute has turned 1. What a year it has been! A year full of tears, laughs, prayers, aggravations, increased patience, messes, and anything else involved with raising a baby. Sometimes I revert back to my days before kids, just to survive some moments, but looking back over everything I have realized I would do it all over again. Sofi Lu has rocked our world!

This was Sofi the morning of her birthday playing peek-a-boo. She's starting to say words, and they all seem to start with the letter 'b'


Sofi had a low-grade fever all week and was pretty fussy, but we decided to chance having people come over for her birthday party anyway. My cute mom surprised me the morning of Sofia's birthday by telling me she wanted to come up and be with us. We were thrilled!

It was funny to relate back on the day Sof was born and realize the weather last year and this year were pretty much identical - cold and rainy with a hint of snow. It was funny remembering Greg not believing I was in labor, then driving like a mad man to come get me. Me pacing like an angry hippo around our apartment waiting for my hair to dry, then having to straighten it before letting Greg take me to the hospital. What a diva, right? :) Anyway, what a fun day to reminisce! 

Sof was still being a bit emotional on her birthday, so I kept singing, "It's your birthday, you can cry if you want to!!!" at the top of my lungs to her. 

My mom and Greg made it to our apartment at about the same time, just in time to watch my ice Sof's cute little smash cake! I should've gotten better pictures, but the ones we have will have to do. 

Sofi and my mom! It was so fun having her with us on this fun birthday!
The smash cake
Cupcakes for our guests! 
For some reason Sofi doesn't handle people invading her castle too often. She would much rather be at a party somewhere else. Luckily for us (and everyone else) her birthday is only once a year.


She doesn't look too sure of things ...
Sofi didn't handle smashing her cake very well. She has been going through a phase where she does not want to be put down, even in her highchair to eat.

\

But once she realized how yummy the whipped cream icing was on her special little cake, she calmed down pretty quickly.


It's hard being little sometimes ...


But luckily she has her Daddy to snuggle her


It was so fun to have family celebrate Sofi's birthday with us! Even if she was crabby ... I'm hoping that she is a temperamental toddler and a super easy teenager ... one can only hope, right? 

Regardless, we love her and love watching her grow and learn new things every day. My motto holds true: "This too shall pass," as it has. Time has gone quickly and I can't believe how sweet life is.

She reads her books all day. Forget toys!
These balloons go with her everywhere; on the couch, in the kitchen during meals, you name it.

1 comment:

April said...

Love the pic of her in the high chair! Ha! And we love Sofi! She is one of a kind!(and she needs to come visit)