Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Spring Break 2016 (part 2). Turning 25.

The main reason for going to Cedar this week was because of my birthday. I'll be honest, I didn't want to be alone on my birthday and I knew I would be if I stayed in Bountiful. Greg couldn't promise he would be home early enough to make the day fun, so I opted to spend it with my people :).

My cute mom and Shelby surprised me with breakfast in bed - crepes and nutella smothered toast. They know me so well. I devoured the crepes and Sofi couldn't get enough of the nutella - she is my child after all.
Jess and her kids came up to Cedar to spend the day, and my cute grandma Jolley came down for lunch. Sofi didn't really warm up to her the way I hoped she would, but at least she got to see her. Slow progress ... it just means we need to visit more :).
Hangin' with her buddy Ridge.
Ice cream cakes are a fun tradition in my family. My Grandma Thorley was quite the cook and would make them for all family occasions. The oreo cookie crust has been fought over by more than 1 Thorley in the past.
My mom couldn't find a '2' so I got 2 one's. No, I'm not 115 yet ...
Mint chocolate chip ice cream is my favorite, so I got a mint chocolate chip with french vanilla ice cream cake. I'm debating whether I will make Sofi one for her birthday. They are easy and oh so delicious!
Oh Shelby. There are no words. The little turd stole my 25 year old birthday wish. How, you might ask? She blew out my candles!!! She has started a war. You better believe I won't forget and in 16 years when she's 25, I will be there ...
The next day, my family packed up and headed for Disneyland while Sofi and I sadly had to pack to go back north. I texted Greg one day and said, "We have decided to stay until May. See you in 2 months." I wasn't joking at the time, and I'm still contemplating it. One night he told me, "I don't care what the weather is like as long as the A/C works." You better believe I won't forget that. My 5 year plan is moving closer south ... we'll see who wins.

Cute Greg made me a delicious Nutella trifle thing. It is so rich you can only have a few bites at a time. He is the best :). We went to the Brick Oven Saturday after we got back. Cute Sofi sat like a big girl on a booster in our booth. I love Greg for making my birthday special, even though it was the day after. Birthday's aren't a big deal to him, but they are to me, so I think it's so cute when he makes the special effort. He even hung up the "Happy Birthday" sign. I just love him so much :)
Who do you think missed who more?
What a fun trip we had! I'm already planning on going back down for Easter. There is a fun park in Virgin (the only park in Virgin) where my family congregates to eat lunch, fly kites and play softball. The last time I went my cute grandpa made it around the bases. It's been 4+ years since I've been, so I've decided this is our year. I'm glad we always have somewhere fun to escape to. It makes life bearable having something to look forward to.

2 comments:

April said...

Looks like you had a fun trip! Glad you made it down there.

Melanie said...

OK, I finally go caught up on your blog. Looks like you've made the best of having a non-existent husband. Well done!