Wednesday, November 8, 2023

That one time I built a standing pantry ...

It's no surprise if you've been to our house that there is zero space for much of anything in our kitchen. Our extra food is stored in a closet at the bottom of our stairs, and it gets old really fast when I'm making dinner and have to run downstairs 2-3x just to get everything I need.

Well, enough was enough, so I got the idea in my head (which is dangerous) to build a standing pantry.

This was in January, which is normally when I choose to start a project to help me survive Greg's Busy Season, and what I thought would take a week (as usual) took about 6.

But, I learned a lot, and it turned out beautiful! So I'd say that was a win-win for sure.



After I got it put together, I realized that I really kind of hated it. So ... I took it completely apart, changed the dimensions, and put it all back together. Totally worth it.


The weather warmed up just enough for me to prime and paint it outside.

My cute little helpers were just as excited as I was to have it finished!
Mostly because now they know I'll have time to play with them again.
They're good little troopers.
I've found myself standing in the kitchen just staring at my new pantry. It's one of those things that is both beautiful and functional. I kind of love it. 

No comments: