Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Mini Enduro #2: Deer Valley

I really need to get caught up on this blog business. I'm not even done with June and in real life it's 1/4 through September. My recollection of the Summer is starting to run out. Luckily I have good old Instagram to remind me just exactly what we did and where. Have I ever said Northern Utah has too many ski resorts? Because they do. How in the world do people keep all of them straight?!

Anyway, Mini Enduro #2 was at Beautiful Deer Valley. Easily the hardest hike out of all of them, but oh so worth it. We started the day out at Cafe Rio because, Yum! It's our place to go and no one complains. It's kind of magical. And Greg doesn't exactly love it, so it's the perfect place for our Girls Afternoon Out. Here's a pic of our girl party, with cute Quincey peeping down in the corner. 

She is a trooper!
Stage 1 finished up in the bushes where no one but the Volunteer's could watch, so we happily hiked up as high as we could before Greg magically appeared down the hillside ready for Round 2.

The climb up to Stage 2 was steep! I had Quincey on my front, the diaper bag on my back with Claire perched on top. Strangely enough, it wasn't as heavy as you would think. Long, hot firefighting summers carrying my pack and bladder bag sure prepared me for motherhood 😏. 
The sweetest lady asked if she could snap my picture. She told me years down the road I would appreciate this picture showcasing the effort it took to get where I am. I am so glad she did!
Our breathtaking view. Park City really is beautiful.
Waiting for their Daddy and comparing sticks.
These pictures prove without a doubt that Claire is indeed a Spjute.

Post-race of Greg and his girlies. Claire is perched in the background a couple of feet away from a dropoff. Luckily she chose not to jump.

She is one free spirit. It is both a beautiful and nerve-wracking thing to watch.

On the hike down, Quince promptly fell asleep. Have I mentioned that she's the best? Because she really is!

Greg keeps telling me I need to start a YouTube channel of Claire's antics. I think he may be right. I rewarded the girls with ice cream cones on the way home. They sure were troopers up that steep hill! 

We barely missed the rain, but it made for some spectacular views driving home.

No comments: