Monday, June 13, 2022

Spring Break 2022

The girls had Spring Break the first week in April. There were still a few family members in Southern Utah who hadn't met Quincey, so we loaded up and headed South. It was my first solo trip with all 3 girls and I was slightly nervous, but Quincey traveled like a dream. She didn't make a peep and happily slept/watched her crazy sisters the whole time. She was 5 weeks old and continued to be the best babe ever. She continues to amaze and delight me at every turn.

Locked and loaded!
We made it! Her first time in Cedar City.
Quincey was a whopping 5 weeks before meeting Grandpa Todd.
Giving gifts is my Mom's love language - she loves to shop for and give them. She always jumps at an opportunity to give a gift early, so the day we arrived in Cedar, Sofi was able to open her birthday gift from Grandma Jan. She was beyond excited to finally get a smart watch.
I'm so glad these two have each other.
Quincey also got to meet her Great Grandma Jolley. My Grandma loves babies, and it was so sweet to sit and watch her hold and sing to Quincey. I really wish we were able to visit more often.
My Grandma's recliner has a button that moves it up and down. Claire was having the time of her life sitting my grandma back then up again. I was dying as my Grandma started to recline while reading Claire a book and didn't skip a beat.

Meanwhile in Kaysville, Greg is having the best time watching this guy grind the Quakie stump...

It was the week of birthday's. We had fun being able to celebrate Aunt Shelby's 15th birthday with everyone.
Here we are while my mom is telling "Heidi" happy birthday. Poor Shelby gets called Heidi more than her own name. I was dying! Shelby doesn't even notice it anymore.
Ice Cream cake is a tradition in my family. Grandpa Todd is here teaching Claire the finer points of snitching the chocolate crumbs off the top.
Sleeping in the Princess bed.

True to tradition, we spent an afternoon in St. George. It's always fun to have my mom tag along - it doesn't happen very often. It was an absolute beautiful day. Not too hot, and the girls had a blast playing in the water by the Tabernacle. It wasn't super crowded either, much to my surprise. 

The was the warmest day Quincey had ever experienced. She was content to bubble in her sleep while covered in her carseat. It still floors me how content she is in that thing.
Oh Claire.
This is what happens when I tell the girls to pose for a picture.
I love that the carousel is free for kids and $1 for adults. 
Taking a break with the Quince. It was so fun to finally be able to let her lounge in a onesie. I love seeing her newborn nakie legs!
Proof we were there.
Oh Claire. This story needs to be remembered. 
She and Sofi were running around the patio with their towels pretending to be superheroes. I was feeding Quincey and otherwise engaged while out of the corner of my eye, I see Claire is over by a big planter sticking her hands in the flowers and I didn't think anything of it. When it came time to clean up, I got everything packed and realized I couldn't find my keys or phone. I had let Sofi use my keys earlier to go get a snack in the car and I couldn't remember if she had given them back to me or not. I kid you not, 20 minutes of searching and lecturing poor Sofi on putting things back where you find them, Claire comes trotting over after playing and overhears me talking about my keys or phone. Before I know it, Claire has run across the patio to the big planter, and was carrying back my keys and phone. The little stinker had stashed them in a very public place! Luckily no one had noticed and we were around very honest people. Oh Claire, nothing gets past her. When she hid my phone and keys, she knew exactly what she was doing. The best part is that this situation didn't even surprise me. Claire does random stuff like this all the time, that I didn't exactly know what to do. I was mad at her for taking the 2 most valuable things I had/needed, but at the same time I was proud of her for remembering where she put them. I'm not always able to do that. Kudos Claire, Kudos.
We have a Temple challenge in Primary this year to see how many temples the kids can get to. It was so fun to be able to check on the progress of the St. George temple and to travel out to where the Washington Temple was being built. I had absolutely no idea that that area was as populated as it is. I was floored! None of that was there 15 years ago. Oh how things have changed.
Whenever we are in St George, it has become tradition to stop at Yogurtland for a froyo. The girls love it, and so do I. Here Claire is sunning on the nasty cement after being the first to finish her coconut frozen yogurt. She loves it and has yet to get a different flavor.

We had so much fun in Cedar. For some reason, it always feels warmed down there in the Spring time. I couldn't believe how well Quincey traveled everywhere we went, and it was so fun to take her to meet Family. We love Southern Utah, and it is always so fun for us to spend time there. But, we also love Greggy, so it's also fun to be able to come back home to be with him.

Spring Break 2022 was one for the books!

No comments: