Friday, June 10, 2022

March Recap pt. 2

The weather in March was so weird. There was snow on the mountains, but the girls were playing on the tramp in their swimsuits. Then the next day it would hail like crazy. Mother Nature sure couldn't make up her mind, we just about had it all. But, my love for Spring continued, no matter the weather. There's something special about watching the world wake back up after a long, cold Winter.

I've been feeding a picky eater for so long, that it threw me for a loop when Claire requested to got Taco Time. We've lived in Kaysville for 4.5 years, and we have never been to Taco Time. I know, I know. So, I dropped Sofia off for dance and got Claire a taco. Behold my amazement as she downs the whole thing. I was stunned. Elated. Intrigued. And downright floored that a kid could eat like this. Bless all of our hearts. Feeding Claire brings me joy. Probably because she doesn't complain. It's kind of amazing.

I love her newborn tinyness.
Greg took it upon himself to prune this tree. He hates it, so he does what he can to help it. I think he had a little too much fun.
Poor Claire has missed her Grandma ad Grandpa while they have been on their mission. She's also missed visiting their house and playing with their toys. I took her over one day while Greg stayed home with the other girls, and it was fun to have some uninterrupted one-on-one time with her while she played to her hearts content in the play room, and overindulged from Grandpa's treat drawer. It was crazy to think that it had been 4 months since we've been there. Time sure flies when In-laws are on their mission.

For months, Claire has been so funny when it comes to posing for a picture. I have no idea where she learned how to do this, but I'm so glad I caught her in action. She sure knows what she's doing. Work it Clairey babe!

She's starting to look blonde.
So many unflattering things about this picture. Laundry everywhere, I (probably) smell like bad milk, my giant bra hanging on the closet, no makeup, but I don't care. I love it. And I love that Claire snapped it for me.
Thank you Google for this adorable flashback to 2.5 year old Sofi. This was the first day we took Claire to church. They don't joke when they tell you not to blink. Now Sofi is a sassy almost 7 year old.
My beautiful babe!
It was Claire's turn to bring the bucket home and fill it with items that start with the letter 'X.' Not sure how she ended up with the hardest letter in the alphabet, but by the time I dropped her off to school, I was thinking of words with an 'X' in them for the rest of the day. Here she is posing, again. :)
The cutest little baby feet.
Quincey in all of her newborn, squishy perfection.
Sun's out, funs out.
This picture makes me so happy. If I ever needed a lesson about God's Timing, having my 3rd baby was it. If I could go back and tell myself that the wait would all be worth it, I would. I sat in the shade and hugged my sweet baby while I watched my older girls play. Heavenly Father knew me so much better than I knew myself. He knew I would need the gap and bigger age difference than I thought I needed. He knew I would need to grow and develop better patience so that I could adequately love this little girly as much as I've been able to.

Claire is hilarious. I hope she stays this way forever.


Our tree has been dying more and more the last couple of years. The time finally came for us to cut it down, and I may have had a little too much fun. Sofi was inside crying while I yielded the smallest chainsaw I've ever used. Regardless, it did the job and our house was saved from a potential tree landing on it in the next windstorm.


Greg in his element.

While pregnant with Quincey, I had the inkling that she would resemble Sofi. This is the first picture where they are starting to look more alike. I love it when I'm right :).
1 month old!
Looking at this picture, it's a wonder Claire has made it this far.
Proof that Sofi can beat Claire up too, every once in a while :).

There was this hailstorm ...
And the most beautiful double rainbow after.

One more of Claire and Mittens. I can't help myself.

They're both working it. I'm surrounded by models.

No comments: