Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Sofia the 7 year old!

 We have a 7 year old. How and when?! She had the best day and was grinning from ear to ear all week. 

We surprised her with her very own mountain bike, and her reaction to it was so cute!


Sofia was the luckiest 1st Grader! The whole grade went to the Loveland Living Aquarium down in Sandy, and she was beyond thrilled to have her Daddy go as a chaperone. I think Greg even had fun too :). It is so fun for Greg to not be as busy in April with his new(ish) job. He's able to stay home more often on fun days for the girls. He got to follow Sof and 2 of her friends around as they explored the aquarium. I was slightly jealous, but it's good for Greg to be able to do these things with Sof. 

Side by side, there is no doubt that he is her Daddy. They have the same smile :).

Sof chose to go out to eat at Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner. It was her birthday, so she ate for free. Holla! Both girls love this place, and it's relatively cheap to feed all of us, so no one was complaining. Good choice Sof :)

They brought the yummiest Pazookie Greg and I have ever had, and that is not a joke! You know when Greg says, "Oooo" after a bite, that it's Goooood! My mouth is watering just typing about it. We will be going back again pronto!
And because it's hilarious, here is Sof flipping me off. She hasn't learned quite yet not to use this finger very often. But, it made me laugh, so here it is for the world to enjoy. 

Also, we are still working on Sof trying new food. She went to the Salad Bar and brought back this bowl of yummy fruit. What she hadn't realized (yet) was that she had mixed pickled peppers with her mandarin oranges. The juices had mixed and she ate them without a problem. Baby steps, but we're getting there people!

Sof requested a Peep cake, and this is the result. We were all so stuffed from Pizza Pie Cafe, that we opted to save this cake to share with her friends the next day at her party.

Friday's around here are early out, and Sof was so excited for her friend party! The day dawned pretty chilly and rainy, so it's lucky I had planned to have her party in our Church gym, to give the kids plenty of room to run around.

A quick photo of this little nuggest, just to show how big she is getting!

It's not until everyone showed up that I really realized how many kids Sof invited. 18. She invited 18 kids. Why do I do the things I do? And with a newborn? We will never know. 

We played Pin the Face on the Peep. It was cute. I let everyone draw their own faces.
Baya came and was in baby heaven.
Luckily Tiff was there to hold Quincey while I wrangled 18 kids. I'm so glad she was there before Greg stubbornly refused to come and help. He chose to work instead. He didn't support me throwing Sof a party and I guess that was his way of boycotting my decision. Bless his heart.
The biggest party ever. She got so many presents!
The yummiest cake ever! It was quickly devoured with none left.

Sofia had so much fun! And it was fun to have her friends and cousins get together to celebrate and enjoy the day. She is one loved little girly.

But, there is no way she is having a party to quite this magnitude next year. Sorry Sof, I love you, but it's not going to happen :).

Happy Birthday to our big 7 year old! We sure do love you.

No comments: