Sunday, May 8, 2022

Coming Home!

We made it to Tuesday morning, and I was more than ready to come home. I hadn't slept as well the night before, so by the time Greg got to the hospital that morning, I was antsy to get back home and out into the real world. We had breakfast, I showered, and we filled out the initial hospital paperwork, which means we finally had a name for the babe. It was really psyching me out, so I gave Greg 3 options and he chose the name for her, and he chose well.

Quincey Rose Spjute

We love it and we love her!

We timed our going home to coincide with Claire going to preschool. COVID made it so the hospital didn't allow children in to see their siblings, and Layton Hospital was stricter than most. It only allowed 1 visitor in the Maternity Ward, so my poor mom couldn't see Quincey in the hospital either. She was dying to hold her! So we let her drop Claire off for preschool, then had 3 hours without any distractions to readjust back into the real world. It was surreal walking out of the hospital with a new little member of our family, and an absolute beautiful day! I had spent 2 whole days inside, so walking out into the fresh air made me feel like a whole new person; and I guess in a way, I was. It was glorious.


Meeting Grandma Jan!

So, so sweet. My mom was so happy to hold Grandbaby #10.

Claire came home first and was instantly smitten with her new baby sister. I'm pretty sure becoming a big sister is everything Claire has needed in this life. She is a natural and my biggest helper. I can see these two quickly becoming best little buddies.


Sof had been taking a "Meet the Master's" Art Class after school each Tuesday for about 5 weeks, and the day we came home was her last class, so Claire got a bit more time with Quincey before needing to share her with Sof. But once Sof got home, she was one proud sister, again. It's so sweet to see a new big sister step into her role - eager to welcome another into the family.

So squishy, and so perfect!

No comments: