Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Happy 30th to Heidi!

 You guys, I turned 30!

The older I get, the more I feel like a young soul trapped in an aging body. Therefore, my body might be 30, but my soul is forever 18! 

But, this years birthday was pretty great, so if the birthday is a sign of how this next decade will be, I'm pretty excited.

The girls and I danced the morning away, and I got my makeup done. Sofi had dance, so Claire and I hung out at a park - it was a beautiful spring morning. Flowers were starting to grow, and the birds were singing. All was right in the world.


It was my birthday, so I bought myself a giant Fizz and didn't even share it with my girls. It was glorious! 


Greg came home early and surprised me with an "Over the Hill" balloon. It was too hilarious for me to be mad. With how my 20's ended, I'm happy to be over that hill 😏.


After, we loaded in the car and headed to Salt Lake to eat at the Cheesecake Factory at Trolley Square. As we were driving through Salt Lake, we realized it was our first time being in the actual city since before COVID began. It was nuts! 

Greg was smart and made us a reservation, so we got a whole trolley car to ourselves. It was so fun!


Our food was delicious and the atmosphere was so fun! The girls were both starving by the time they got their plates. Claire cleaned hers up and wanted more, and Sof was so hungry she bent right over and started eating the noodles out of her bowl as if she was a dog. It was hilarious! The more we take our girls out to eat in public places, the more surprised we are. They always eat so good!


Turning 30 was good to me this year. I'm excited what this decade will hold for me. I learned amazing lessons and accomplished so many things in my 20's - I'm excited to see what else life has in store.

Greg made me a delicious lemon cake just in time for my diet! It was divine. Luckily he didn't make me blow out 30 candles.


No comments: