Sunday, October 25, 2020

Saying "See You Soon" To aunt Katy

It was finally time for my little sister MaKaty to leave on her mission. She had been doing at-home MTC training for 2 whole weeks and was scheduled to fly to the Syracuse, New York mission on August 4. We planned one last hurrah as a family to send her off, BBQ style of course. The girls had fun with their cousins and I had fun being with Katy a few more days until she flies off to serve the Lord. We had a lot of fun.

We got into town just in time to see the July 24th fireworks. 


We were in charge of finding and cutting Sunflowers for Katy's BBQ. The girls were so excited to drive around town without carseats in the best car around. Only in Cedar City ...

After the BBQ we all went up to my Grandpa's condo to swim, and we were there for hours! I kept wondering why I don't take my girls there every summer. They had a blast swimming with their cousins.

Greg was content to socialize and take pictures while I swam with the kiddo's.

Oh Claire. We love her.


Sunday, we had one last Come Follow Me as a family with MaKaty. She is going to do great things!

Saying Goodbye was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I hugged her hard, tried to tell some jokes and give somewhat inspirational advice. After, we climbed in our car and drove around. See you in 18 months, Sis!

No comments: