Thursday, January 25, 2018

The End of an Era

Greg turned 30. I am officially married to a 30 year old. Yikes! His birthday was on Sunday, and since we have 9:00 am church, his breakfast was nothing special, but I like to think the dinner was at least sub-par: Meatloaf, baked potatoes, and zucchini/squash combo. Not bad - except Sof didn't eat any of it. Oh well.

Saturday, Greg found out Boondocks gives you a free bowling game on your birthday, so we packed the girls up and headed on over. Once there, we found out you get a free unlimited pass on your actual birth day, so I now know what we are doing when Sof turns 3! It was so fun to bowl, and Sof had more fun sliding down the little ball ramp than anything else.

Sof wanted to get her Daddy balloons for his birthday (I secretly think she wanted to get them for herself, because she has been carrying the green polka dot one around all week).
Bumpers are the best!
Proof I broke 100.
She has a thing for motorcycles.
I tracked the painter down who painted the fun little place Greg's mom worked in Brigham City. He usually isn't thrilled to get gifts, but he genuinely seemed to like this one. I was thrilled :).
Nothing beats a nap on your birthday. Greg was bored, so fell asleep to a documentary he turned on, since I wouldn't let him wash dishes.
The perfect sized gathering for my introvert husband.

I love birthdays, whether it is mine or not. Greg isn't too keen on them, so I make sure to put extra effort in to make sure he semi-enjoys it. He'll come around sometime.

No comments: