Wednesday, January 4, 2017

More Holiday Fun

It was so fun to be able to spend time outside while down in Cedar. My parents have a fun swingset in the backyard so we spent some time on it. Sof hadn't been down for over 3 months and it was crazy to realize how much she has changed since then. I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that she's not a baby anymore.


We went out to eat one night to The Hong Kong Buffet. I went once in high school and remember thinking it was absolutely disgusting, but I came away that night thinking it was great! Crazy how my palate has changed since high school - being a poor college student had me eating all sorts of concoctions.

She was content to sit on the nasty floor (in everyone's way) and draw while we finished eating. Fine with me.

After we went on a fun light tour through the homes near the golf course. A lot has changed in 7 years.

Sof was in heaven crawling around her aunts in the back seat.

My sister gave Greg this awesome game called Watch Ya Mouth. It was hilarious! I have a funny video of my Dad and I but won't post it because it's not exactly politically correct.

He's a good sport.
Sof and her buddy Ridge. It was so cute to watch them follow each other around. I think they will be good friends one day.

My mom let Greg and I sneak away one night for a date. It has been way too long since we spent time with just us and I was reminded how much I love talking to Greg. It was fun to reconnect over Peruvian food.

All packed to go. She loves her couch.
It took until we were leaving for her to finally let Grandpa hold her.
Good-bye kisses.
We stopped by to see my Grandma. Sof warmed right up to her, and she loved to pet Dante.

We left our fish alone for 6 days and I was so happy to see him still swimming when we got home. I'm sure he was glad to see us too.

Blue in all his glory.

We had a fun Christmas and enjoyed being with family, but it sure was nice to be home. Sofi now sits on her couch surrounded by stuffed animals, Greg spends his nights reliving his childhood on his NES classic, and I jam in the kitchen while planning recipes for my pressure cooker. Life is good.

No comments: