Sunday, December 20, 2015

Greg-1, Black Ice-0

Due to my Sunday night insomnia, I decided to do something and realized I could blog! Oh the wonders of the world wide web.

There is a park in Centerville that decorates all the trees around the park. We of course waited to go walk around the night after it snowed a foot and Greg almost biffed it on black ice while holding Sofi. It meant for a fun family outing and a reason to spend time somewhere other than our couch.

This is after Greg almost biffed it hard core on black ice with Sofi. His mom must've known I
would have killed him so she decided to save him instead :).

On a side note, how cool is this tree?!
It's not a proper outing without a family selfie
Greg must've been in a really good mood, because after we were done at the park he suggested getting Shakes at Artic Circle - and here's the real kicker - without a coupon! Yes, you can all gasp aloud. Regardless, he got an egg nog shake and greedily did not share with either me or Sofi. It's a good thing we love him.

I have struggled this year with feeling the Christmas spirit. Cute Greg reminded me that I need to look for the meaning of Christmas in everything around me. I had all week to practice and am proud to announce I now feel like it is Christmas. I am so glad to have a sweet babe and loving husband to remind me of the simple things in life and who spend time with me even when they might want to be anywhere else.

Update: 5 days 'til Christmas

1 comment:

Jessica Billings said...

Cute blog post! The lights are georgeous!! What a fun family you have! I'm glad you're feeling in the Christmas spirit!! It takes a lot more effort as an adult to fill it! 🌲