Saturday, February 4, 2023

Halloween 2023

Halloween was on a Monday this year. We started bright and early by going to see the kids parade around the field in their costumes. I love it so much!

This completely embodies my minivan experience.

It was early out that day, which was a good thing because we totally spaced carving our pumpkins before Halloween, so the girls did a great job of it! 


Greg came home earlier than usual and had fun throwing Quincey in the air. She's a bit more loosey-goosey than the other girls, so he's doing his best to help her work on her balance.


We had an early dinner, then headed out as fast as we could! It wasn't super cold this year, so the girls did good with long sleeves and jackets.

I learned I was not meant to be a makeup artist when I tried to make cute rainbows on their faces.
She's the cutest!
Claire's tongue is everything!

Greg continued trick-or-treating with the girls while I brought Quincey back home to go to sleep. Greg then came home with a tired Claire while I went back out with Sof and hit the other side of our neighborhood. She's growing up into a big kid, and it was fun to spend time with her while she still wants to. She took me through our neigbhor's spook alley and didn't bat an eye while I thought it was kind of terrifying. It's funny how you see a whole new side of people when it comes to holiday's.

Because we were out trick-or-treating with our kids, we left a bowl of candy on our bench. I didn't leave a note thinking it wouldn't be a problem for kid's to know to take only one - but I was wrong.

Thanks to our Ring doorbell, we watched 2 girls completely empty our bowl into their pillowcases. Sof was so beside herself, that she rallied the neighborhood girls into "A team" the NEXT DAY to figure out who the thieves were. One of the girls ended up knowing who it was, and you better believe all of them went to the house and confronted her about it. 

I about died laughing when Sof told me what they did, but I was also proud of her for sticking to her guns. The girls in in our neighborhood are a force to be reckoned with.

And no, we didn't end up getting the candy back, but the story of Sof and her friends were worth it.

No comments: