Sunday, October 30, 2022

Fun in Oregon - Saturday

I convinced Greg to stay one more day and make the big long drive on Sunday. He grudgingly obliged, so we had one more day to spend on the beach. It was a beautiful day!

Our last morning walking the beach.
Again, we took the road less traveled...

I announced that I was going on a hike. Claire really wanted to go with me, so I gave up my "me time" and let her. Sometime (all the time) Claire and I butt heads, but in this one instance I'm glad I let her tag along. Claire in the wild is a magical thing, and I'm glad I got to have the one-on-one time with her.

Picking flowers and modeling.
Climbing in hobbit holes.
And taking her old sweet time.

We saw some fun things off the beaten path.


The trail Greg suggested I take was actually a closed trail due to a landslide. It also said that Mountain Lions were highly present, so be on the lookout. Great. Now I know Greg was really trying to kill us ... but we kept walking a bit anyway and the view was stunning!


As hard as she sometimes is, she really is a thing of wonder.


After we got back, we took one more trip to the Tillamook Factory.

One last Tillamook selfie.

You guessed it! Then on to the beach we went.

Claire was exhausted, so she had a nap.
While Sof helped dig a pit.
And then Claire refused to wake up.
Bestie! I really wish they could play more often.

Our last sunset on the beach.

Where we blew bubbles.
And played with glow sticks.
and enjoyed one more night with our toes in the sand.
The cutest little piggies!
💜💜💜
We let the girls stay up late and enjoy one last fire.
Even Quincey got a glow stick.

What a day, what a trip, what fun memories were made!

No comments: