Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Christmas Windows at the Grand America

I will forever love the Grand America Hotel. I think it's because I grew up in a small town and the wonder of a giant, fancy hotel gets to me every time. I make Greg take us to see the windows and Giant Gingerbread House every year, and I don't think it will ever get old.

The girls think it's funny to run from our kitchen into this wall. Hearing Claire's cackle puts a smile on my face every single time.


The windows this year told the story of the Night Before Christmas, except the main characters were a cute little mice family living in the walls. Now that I type that out, it sounds lame, but believe me when I say that I think these were my favorite windows yet.

Cute Sof on the reindeer. She takes a picture every year on this little deer. The lighting is amazing thanks to my awesome new iphone 11, which I love!

We stopped and actually went into the ridiculously expensive toy store this year. I'm pretty sure Claire could've stayed all night watching these monster screens. They were pretty cute.


In the moment, I often wonder why I go through such effort to take my kids places, because the whole time I feel like I'm herding cats. Then, when I look at the pictures and see the joy on their faces, I realize that it's because of the experience. They might not always remember the experience, but the joy they feel in the moment is always worth the extra effort.

No comments: