Monday, January 28, 2019

Grandma Jolley's 80th Birthday

We were back down to Cedar City 3 weeks after Thanksgiving to celebrate my Grandma Jolley's 80th Birthday. We had to bring my Dad's diesel truck back down after having it loaned to us, so Greg blissfully drove it down while I drove the van with a screaming Claire the whole way. Yay us! I have yet to figure out why my kids don't blissfully sleep in the car like everyone else's children. It's a mystery to us all.

First road trip in Superstar! 
Despite having screamed for all but 20 min of the trip, she sure was a happy little thing!

My cute mom bought the oldest 3 girls of my family, and their spouses, tickets to the Nasvhille Tribute Band. It was so much fun! My parents bravely took on all the grandkids back home, and got them in bed for us. It was a fun night spent with adults and sleepy Greggy.

Poor Greg was exhausted and yawned through the whole concert. He only got 4 hours of sleep the night before.
Sofi blissfully sleeping in her cute sleeping bag in Shelby's room. Turns out, Sof was the hardest of all the grandkids to get to bed. Go figure. When the parents are away, Sofi will play!
The next morning was the gift exchange, and the girls were so excited!
All Sof wanted was an Elena dress. She didn't take it off for the rest of the day.
 
Poor Claire.
Sof gave Lexi a matching sleeping bag!

Having a tea party with her new tea set!
Still wearing the dress while bonding over the ipad.
Later, Sof and I cruised the neighborhood on this little beauty. We were gone so long, Greg called to make sure we weren't roadkill somewhere.
My cute Grandma! She lights up whenever her family is in the room.

My "little" cousins aren't so little anymore.
Cute Aly walked Claire so I could eat.
Happy Birthday Grandma!

 


The next day we visited Grandma one last time before heading home. Her face was still lit up from her party the night before. She's the best!

My cute Dad with Claire. He's often working when we visit, so I always love seeing him take some time to hold my kids.
The 3rd bench was my bed the whole way home. I slept while Greg drove, and it was at this moment that I realized owning a van was going to be okay :).

No comments: