Sunday, July 8, 2018

Midway Getaway

My older sister's and I planned a little getaway for our families to the Zermatt Resort in Midway, and it was actually pretty fun. Fun for our families to get together, and fun for the cousins to get to know each other better. Greg was able to ride down the mountain, so he was happy.

Running to tell him bye
I couldn't find Greg for the longest time and found him asleep next to Sof. Too cute! Like a good wife, I left him there on the ground instead of waking him up to get in bed.
Thanks to Sof's tennis shoes she was the exact height required to go on the Alpine Slide!!
I love this picture! Sof sure loves her cousins.
Model shot! Thanks to some boys who went way to slow, and us complaining, they let us go again for FREE! I peeled my bracelet off and let Greg go. 
She was hollering the whole way down! That girl was made for speed.
There was a fun mini carousel at the resort, so Sof was thrilled to be able to go 8 times without having to get off. 
My little threenager
Feeding the goats
They were hilarious.
Just our family escaped one night to go out to eat. The food was subpar, but the atmosphere was a lot of fun! We enjoyed eating outside while being serenaded by a guy playing his guitar. We were impressed. And, realized there was a little Thai place behind, so we know where we are eating next time.
And this little beaut was parked outside.
Somehow she found this comfortable.
Claire somehow fell asleep like this too.
Cousins!

My sister Jess stayed in Salt Lake the following week after Midway, so it was fun to meet her at City Creek one day. She had never been, and it was fun to spend time with her there. Minersville is population 500 (maybe), so you better believe the people of Salt Lake were horrified to see her 3 year old strip off his shorts and diaper to play in the fountain, and Jess not batting an eye. With her around, I'm reminded that sometimes city dwellers need to lighten up.

You wouldn't believe how many people made the comment, "You look like you have your hands full." Not sure how I feel about it ...

Poor Sof. When she was playing in the fountain at City Creek, her shoe got sucked down under the water. I thought I would be able to fish it out, but it was a straight drop off under the cement - no grates, so her shoe is gone for good. The only bummer is now I have to go to Wal Mart to get her more... I avoid Wal Mart like the plague.

Claire took it upon herself to finish my ice cream cone.
Sof is still in her eating-ice-cream-cone-with-a-spoon phase.
These girls sure played hard and had a fun day! 

No comments: