Friday, May 11, 2018

This Is The Place and Pretty Valley

This is the Place Heritage Park had their fun $5 Train Day yesterday, so we called up some friends and had a fun day. We loved it so much last year, I was sure to put it on the calendar again. This is the Place is so much fun! I wish we lived closer, and then I could justify getting a Season Pass.

Does she look ready or what?
Doing chores while Claire napped.

Poor Sof, all she wanted to do was ride the ponies. As soon as we walked up to them, they put out the sign saying the ponies were going to have lunch and she was heartbroken. They literally had 1 pony left to ride in the round and they wouldn't put Sof on it. I almost brought the hammer down! But, I reigned it in and we went to pet the animals instead. Yes, she asked to ride the ponies about 148 times before we finally were able to.

This sheep was huge! 
The chicks were 3 for $1. You better believe I was tempted!
"Mom, look at this cute little picnic table."
This guy right here made the trip. I love pigs!
Finally! Yes, we were in line before the ponies got hooked up. Anything to appease my anxious child.

Riding Cache. 
There never was a happier girl than this one right here.

"Mom, can I have a bunny?"
Finally on the train.
Panning for gold.
Proof Claire and I were there.
I bought her a bag to put rocks in. She then informed me she didn't want to take the rocks home and buried her bag instead. oh Sof.
Riding the baby train! It was so fun and I've decided I want one.
Besties!
Finally! This girl was so good until she was exhausted, and passed out in my arms. Not even the cannon could wake her. 

While on the train at 4:00 pm, we got a phone call from a Greg who was distraught to find out we were still in Salt Lake, which meant we were going to be late for his family's hike at 4:30 pm. Oh well, we hurried as fast as we could (yes, even denying Sofi another ride on the ponies) and made it up to Pretty Valley in time to roast Hot Dogs.

Roasting a hot dog. She even took a bite which she spit out. But hey, she took a bite!
Claire found a cookie
Sof got some air!

Bringing up the rear.

The hike was killer trying to keep up with Greg on the way up, and I almost killed myself and Claire 4+ times on the way down, but we made it. The flowers were so pretty that Greg and I were wondering why we hike up in the fall when the flowers are way prettier in the Spring? What a fun day we had. 

No comments: