Sunday, November 5, 2017

Cedar Temple Open House

We escaped to Cedar this weekend to go through the much-anticipated Cedar City Temple. It was beautiful!

We left Thursday afternoon after Greg got home from work, and I am proud to say that Claire, my little angel babe, slept in her car seat the entire time. I was so happy that we didn't have to relive the nightmare of Sofi screaming the entire time when she was 3 weeks old for her first trip to Cedar. Horizons are looking much brighter, as far as road trips are concerned.

Thursday happened to be my nephew's birthday, so we crashed his party in Minersville to go celebrate with him. Greg was thrilled to take a detour through Beaver county :).

It's rare that all of us sisters can be gathered together for a birthday party, but it sure was fun.
The theme was "Paw Patrol" and Sof had a ball running around with this mask on. 
He's a good sport.
My other sister was staying at my parent's house too, so Sof was lucky enough to sleep in a queen sized bed all by herself, and it was no surprise that she loved it. She slept like a champ during naps and through the night. She's pretty much the best.

We didn't have tickets to the temple, but were lucky enough to go Friday morning without having to wait. We were told the temple was designed after the history of the area, so we could expect to see the Columbine flower (a prominent flower grown on Cedar Mountain), berries (from the local trees), and feathers (for the Paiute tribe) as the main design features. It was so fun to see the personal touches added throughout the Cedar Temple, and know that my ancestors made it possible for Cedar to one day have a temple. I come from good stock.

Walking to the temple!
Giving Jesus a high five.
It was super windy that day!

We were told by 2 sources in Northern Utah that our car needed its tie rods replaced, so we planned on having my Dad's buddy fix it for us for much cheaper. Turns out the tie rods didn't need to be replaced, so we saved some money there. Oh well. We also needed new rotors, so Greg learned a new skill from my Dad on how to tear 10 year old rusty rotors off a car. Oh boy.

The rotor changing cheerleaders.

Greg was thrilled when my Dad told him to bring down his work clothes to help him move his equipment on the mountain. The plan was to leave Saturday to come back home, but they got home late enough I decided we would stay one more night. Turns out that was a good decision, because my Grandpa Thorley stopped by, and he was able to meet Claire.



We made it back in record time Sunday to be able to spend a couple of hours home before Greg took his drugs and went to bed (he's not feeling too hot. I can hear him breathing like a dragon in the other room). But, I'm glad he went with me because it was well worth it to see Cedar's Temple. What a blessing it will be for my hometown. 

Home again. My 2 cute girls!

No comments: