Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Peach Days 2017, Baby Shower, and Luau

Even though I was 37 weeks pregnant, we weren't going to miss our little tradition of going to Peach Days up in Brigham City. Sof was so excited to ride the Carousel ("go up and down all by 'self") and Greg couldn't wait for the peach shakes at Peach City. It's fun to have something to look forward to each September.

Neither one of us had any cash, and Greg couldn't bring himself to pay $3 for the ATM fee's, so I dragged my pregnant body up the block in search of a credit union - which we found. Sof got a sucker, we got $10, and Greg saved $3 on fees. Seems like everyone but me wins.

She was in heaven!
Then she saw these bad boys ...
Waiting for 30+ minutes at Peach City. It was worth it i just for the shakes.
Sof's pic of Greg. Not too bad.
Then our selfie. Not quite sure what either one of us are looking at.

After eating lunch, we raced home so Sof could take a much needed nap, and I could run off to a baby shower some friends had planned. There are 4 girls having babies within 1 month of each other in our ward, so we had a multi-mom shower, and it actually turned out better than I expected. Despite the drama the apartments we've been managing may have caused, we sure have made some great friends here.

Everyone but me looking. Go figure.
My awesome friends! Just as a side-note, I'm the only one pregnant in this pic (it confused my mom).

When we first moved to Bountiful, the Tongan ward in our Stake put on an awesome Luau. They didn't do one last year, so you better believe we weren't going to miss it when they announced they were doing it again this year. Sof was so excited to meet Moana and Greg was excited for the unlimited amounts of food the Tongan people serve. It didn't end up being as good as the first year, but it was still pretty good.

I didn't get a picture of it, but Sof wandered over to the dancers while Greg and I ate our dinner (because she refuses to eat food lately) and she was shaking her cute little hips to the music. I also didn't get a picture of her meeting Moana, but that sure made her night!

She was enjoying the dancers, I promise.
Watching the entertainers dance. She was patiently waiting for it to be "her turn." 

No comments: