Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sofi is Potty Trained!!

I finally got around to being serious about potty training Sofi - and it almost ended our relationship. Seriously. I started on a Thursday, which had really great results that first day, then I laxed off Friday and Saturday because we have places to be, and Sunday was just a disaster so we gave up. By Monday I was determined again, but by Wednesday was ready to disown my child. Luckily, Greg came to the rescue and cracked the whip. After spending time with her Daddy, something in Sofi seemed to click (or break) and we started seeing results. As of this day, she is potty trained. It is miraculous!

The hard thing about Sofi, is the fact that she cannot be bribed. After trying to coax her with root beer, chocolate, all kinds of juice and sweets, she was no more hydrated than usual (smart girl), so we just kept at it as best as we could. It's hard to potty train a toddler who only pees 4 times a day (TMI?).


Sofi is indeed my child and fights change as much as I do, so I don't blame her for trying to avoid being potty trained - it's what I would have done. But, we prevailed and are 1 step closer to being semi-ready for baby sister. Huzzah!

No comments: